|County Employees Management Association|
Office 408-289-9691 x 9105
Prudence comes to CEMA with over 25 years of experience as an advocate for Union members in the public and private sector. After training as a community organizer, she worked for the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees where she represented employees in cities, schools and special districts, including East Bay Municipal Utility District, East Bay Regional Park District, the City of San Jose, San Jose Unified School District, Oakland Unified School District, State of California Social Service Professionals, Bay Area Rapid Transit, AC Transit, among others. At BART and AC Transit she represented management employees where she came to understand and appreciate the special challenges faced by supervisors and managers.
Prudence grew up on a cattle ranch in South Dakota, attended Barnard College in New York City and has resided with her family in Oakland for 30 years.
- Alcohol and Drug
- Child Custody Mental Health
- Community Outreach Services
- County Executive
- Information Services Department
- Local Agency Formation Commission
- Measure B-Transportation Improvement Program
- Mental Health
- Office of Affordable Housing
- Office of Veteran Affairs
- Public Health, except EMS
- Registrar of Voters,
- Roads and Airports
- Social Services Agency
- Valley Health Plan
Office 408-289-9691 x 9103
Zeb is an exceptionally innovative problem solver, negotiator and team builder. He is widely recognized for creating tight knit, powerful teams, and crafting elegant solutions to complex issues. Zeb comes to CEMA having been a labor organizer in Santa Clara County for the last three years with SEIU 521. During his tenure, Zeb saved more than 40 jobs from layoff and was honored as the Organizer of the Year. Additionally, Zeb has a deep commitment to improving systems – making them as user friendly, transparent and accessible as possible.
His non-labor background includes transforming a division at Stanford University from a pen and paper operation to a modern, computerized unit. As a former manager at Sanford, Zeb brings a supervisory, client oriented and financial perspective to union advocacy.
Other areas of professional competence include:
• Negotiation and Conflict Resolution: Successfully bargained a $10M annual labor contract while resolving employer and union concerns.
• Management Skills: Led over 20 teams of professionals exceeding long-term budgetary and performance goals.
• Training and Team Cohesion: Created standard business practices, quantifiably increasing sales and customer satisfaction with decreased training time.
• Financial Expertise: Accurately forecasted inventory and labor needs; generated and reconciled payroll and purchase orders.
Zeb is an alumnus of Santa Clara University, passionately participates in social justice events, and lives in East Palo Alto with his family.
- Agriculture and Environmental Mgt
- Clerk of the Board
- County Clerk/Recorder
- County Communications
- County Counsel
- County Library Department
- Department Child Support Services
- Department of Corrections
- Department of Environmental Health
- Department of Revenue
- District Attorney, Crime Lab
- ESA Risk Management
- ESA-HR, Employee Relations & EOED
- Facilities/Capital Programs
- Medical Examiner/Coroner
- Office of Emergency Services
- Office of Human Relations
- Parks and Recreation
- Planning and Development
- Pretrial Services
- Probation Department
- Public Defender
- Public Health – EMS
- Sheriff’s Department
- Superior Court
- Tax Collector
- Vector Control District
Carl has worked for OE-3 since 2002, first as a Business Representative, then as the Assistant Director to the Public Employee Division, and now the Director. He is also a Trustee on the Operating Engineers Public Employee Health and Welfare Trust .
Carl is a retired Sgt. from the Contra Costa County Sheriffs Department with 23 years of service. He is a 6-year member of the Deputy Sheriff’s Association Board of Directors, holding the position of Secretary, Vice President and President.
Carl obtained a degree from Sacramento State in Administration of Justice , and U.C. Davis in Labor Relations. He spent nine years as an independent consultant associated with several labor law firms in the bay area (labor representation and contract negotiations). He also has experience in marketing, salary surveys, contract benefits, and contract dispute mediation for public employee and employer clients.
He is married to Laura (for 28 years), and they have three children: son, Robert, a Federal Air Marshal; daughter, Daniel, a homemaker; and son, Brian, who is working towards a career in Law enforcement. He has six grandchildren..
CEMA Administrative Assistant
1654 The Alameda, Suite 110
San Jose, CA 95126