2017 CEMA Scholarship Program Information
College and Graduate School scholarships will be awarded to children of dues paying members of the County Employees Management Association (CEMA). The parent of the applicant must be a member of CEMA in good standing for at least one (1) year immediately preceding the date of the application. Up to seven college scholarships of $1,000-$1,500.00 each will be awarded for study at an accredited college/university, or technical school using the following criteria:
- Three (3) scholarships awarded to graduating high school seniors for undergraduate study or college of technical school: two (2) scholarships at $1,000, and the Richard Rapacchietta scholarship at $1,500 for outstanding overall application.
- Three (3) scholarships awarded to undergraduate college students continuing their college education: two (2) scholarships at $1,000, and the Richard Rapacchietta scholarship at $1,500 for outstanding overall application.
- One (1) scholarship (Keith Garvey Memorial) awarded to a post-college graduate student continuing their education and whose educational goal is in public service at $1,500;
- If there are no qualified applicants in one category, the scholarship may be awarded to qualified applicants in the other categories.
- Only fully completed application packets will be reviewed and considered.
- Applicants for the undergraduate college/technical school scholarships will be eligible for an award one time as a graduating senior from high school and one time while in college.
- Applicants for the Keith Garvey Memorial award for graduate school study will be eligible for an award one time.
Upon receipt of the required application packet, CEMA staff will verify the membership of the parent. The application packet will be submitted to the Scholarship Committee. The Scholarship Committee will submit to the CEMA Executive Board the names of selected recipients. The selected recipients will be confirmed by the Executive Board, and the scholarship disbursements approved.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to verify that all items are in the application packet and are received by CEMA, no later than Friday, May 26, 2017, at 5:00 p.m. Application packets should be delivered to the following address:
County Employees Management Association 2013 Scholarship Program 1654 The Alameda, Ste 110 San Jose CA 95126 Phone 408 289-9691 Fax 408 289-1128
Click HERE for the CEMA Scholarship Application.
Additionally, students may also apply for the Operation Engineers Local No.3 Scholarship Program and Santa Clara County Federal Credit Union Scholarship Program.